This includes, but is not limited to: navigation, video, image galleries, etc. Walking tours are led by current students who will show you the campus and residence life area. Your program advisor will help you select the right course of study for you. About 17% of these degrees went to men with the other 83% going to women. Complete at least one internship to gain hands-on experience in a potential career field. If accepted, you will be provided with instructions to make the change of major official and meet with a School of Communication Program Advisor. Through independent study, you can join a faculty-led research project or launch your own original research project with the support of a faculty mentor. If accepted, you will be provided with instructions to make the change of major official and meet with a School of Communication … Research can be a part of your coursework or you can participate in an independent study project. You’ll also take 12 credits (4 courses) from a series of electives. I was studying political science with the intent to go to law school following my undergraduate degree. They’re eager to answer questions and show you what life at Chapman is like. Many of these programs could be an ideal next step for a Global Communications and World Languages student: At the end of the program you will complete an individualized nine-credit capstone sequence that includes: This sequence will provide hands-on experience in an area that aligns with your interests and career goals. An Interterm (winter) or summer travel course, Joining a student club or organization is a great way to build your community and develop your skillset. Many of these programs could be an ideal next step for a Communications Studies student, including: All Communication Studies students will take at least one internship. Majors at Chapman. Applications are reviewed year-round. While you consider Chapman, we hope you will also have time to visit for a Campus Tour and Information Session. '17), Communication Studies and Integrated Education Studies Double Major, âChapmanâs communication program has given me the tools I need to make decisions based on research and facts, a trait that is a necessity for someone running for office in this day and age.â, Internship Highlight: Maya Dhairyawan â20, Public Relations Intern with Compass in Miami, Florida, âI ran the teamâs Instagram page, wrote blog posts, recorded my own podcast and appeared in several videos for the teamâs online show.â, Californiaâs Gold Exhibit and Huell Howser Archives. You can learn more about the application process on the university’s Admission website. over carousel to next section, Read more about Mayaâs internship experience. Walking tours are led by current students who will show you the campus and residence life area. Our program will educate and train you to be an effective communicator, leader and ethical advocate prepared to address local, national and global issues. Admission Questionsadmit@chapman.edu (714) 997-6711. You’ll have a world of opportunities and your program advisor will help you find the right one for you. Through an Accelerated (4+1) graduate program, you can earn an undergraduate and master’s degree with just one additional year of coursework beyond the traditional four years. Options range from volunteering locally to doing a summer internship abroad. website is
Ranking, average salary of speech communication grads, average debt, student debt, and more. Our interdisciplinary degree empowers you to effectively communicate in our increasingly global and interconnected society.